SEO is the act of modifying a website to increase its ranking in organic (vs paid), crawler-based listings of search enginesWe understand how important is the term Data Management these days. We provide solutions for all your Data Management related requirements on 24*7*365 basis, be it Offline or Online need.
How do organic search listings work?
A spider or crawler which is a component of a SE gathers listings by automatically "crawling" the web The spider follows links to web pages, makes copies of the pages and stores them in the SE’s index Based on this data, the SE then indexes the pages and ranks the websites Major SEs that index pages using spiders: Google, Yahoo, AltaVista, MSN, AOL, Lycos
Why You Need SEO ?
Drive high quality customers to their website Increase sales leads from customers looking for their products and services Build their brand online by communicating marketing messages to their target audience Increase their profile against their competitors Target a global audience via international search engines
SEO strategies/techniques ?
- choose a domain name that will increase your search engine ranking. How?
- use keywords, location, advertising terms, product name
- choose a keyword that is important for your business
- the more inbound links the higher the SE ranking
- if the site linking to you is already indexed, spiders will also receive your site
- quality of inbound links is critical
- how to increase links: a) creative content / copywriting b) good outbound links c) target a list of sites from which you can request inbound links
- links for the sake of links can damage your search rankings
- keywords are words that appear the most in a page
- the spider chooses the appropriate keywords for each page, then sends them back to its SE
- your web site will then be indexed based on your keywords
- can be key phrases or a single keyword
- do not use common words eg ‘the’ ‘and’ ‘of’: spiders ignore them
- write keyword-rich text
- balance keyword-rich and readability
- always have text in your page: at least 100 words
- the first thing that a search engine displays on a search return
- must keywords in title to be ranked no. 1
- should have the exact keyword you use for the page
- every single web page must have its own title tag
- you can use up to 65 characters
- use dynamic, promotional languag
- use keywords
Meta keywords tags
- no longer carry weight with major SES
- a myth that meta keywords alone affect rankings
- indexing takes time (~ 3 months)